Saturday, February 11, 2012

I didn't drown in a sea of eyeshadow and blush! I'm back!

Hello everyone (anyone?),

I'm sorry for not posting anything.  I ended up buying makeup/bath/hair products and I was hiding in shame.  I've really just been super upset at myself, it seems like I can't go a week without buying any makeup.  Anyway, my last purchase was Feb. 3, so officially I have conquered the one week no buy! Woohoo!  My goal of no purchases in 2012 was unrealistic, which is obvious to me now.

So on Feb. 3 I ended up at Ulta because I was looking for the China Glaze Magnetix collection.  "Why was I looking for the Magnetix collection?" you ask, since I was on a no buy.  Well, I am weak.  And addicted.  Really, the more I watch TheRaerae1971 and her videos I really do think I have a problem.  (By the way, she's fabulous and honest, and I truly enjoy watching her videos.)  Ulta didn't have the magnetix collection, but they did have the Nicki Minaj minis!  So I got the mini opi polishes mainly for Fly and Pink Friday, Sally Hansen Crushed Gems in Big Money, and a Joico special deal with hairspray and K-pak reconstructor for $10.  Which wouldn't have been that bad because there wasn't makeup, but they had a Tarte special a mini blush in Dollface and mini bronzer in Park Ave Princess for $12, which is a steal, and that's how I rationalized it.

And before that I had placed an Ulta order, because they had their curling irons 20% off and there was a 20% off coupon and I wanted a curling iron (I got the purple Hot Tools one with 1 1/4 in. barrel).  But to qualify for free shipping I got a NYX slide on pencil in Purple Blaze (which I am totally disappointed in), and a mini Tarte lash primer and lights, camera, lashes mascara.  I love the Tarte primer and mascara which is great especially because I lost my full size Tarte mascara that I was using :(.

And before that I went to Sephora.  It was a my birthday and I had a gift card and I, again, am very weak.  I ended up getting travel size Bumble & Bumble Thick hair shampoo and conditioner, a Pacifica body butter and lip butter in coconut vanilla, Soap & Glory travel size Hand Food lotion, and I cashed in 500 points for a Lancome bonus.  The bonus included Genifique eye cream, mini eye Kohl in Black, mini Faux Cils lash primer, mini Hypnose Drama mascara, and good size Bi Facils eye makeup remover.

So there is my confession, I'm trying to remove my shame with makeup wipes

No comments:

Post a Comment