Friday, January 6, 2012

Day Six and 4 empty bottles!

Hi everyone!

It's day six of 2012 and I am still going strong on my no buy.  I may sound melodramatic, but six days without buying makeup when I have a Sephora gift card is pretty darn good for me.

I've used up two shower gels and two body creams in the past week or so.  I have a lot of half started shower gels, so don't think that I literally emptied both of these in a week.  I tend to have several open and in the shower, however, I always have a Philosophy Pure Grace Shower Cream on hand (I love the scent and it's very moisturizing).  The body creams were both almost empty.

First, an Avon shower gel in grapefruit and mint that I really liked.  I got this in the summer and the scent is definitely more a summer scent or post workout/sun exposure.  The scent was invigorating, the Avon shower gels are cheap, they aren't huge (which I like when trying new scents), and they don't irritate my skin.  Don't mind the unpolished thumbnail.
My second used up shower gel is Philosophy Happy Birthday one that was the Sephora birthday gift last year.  My birthday is in less than 2 weeks, so that's how long it took me to use up this one!  FYI, the birthday gift this year is a mini duo of Fresh rose lip treatment and the clear one, I believe.  I got my postcard, so I'm thinking I might stop by Sephora to pick it up, I don't believe that you have to purchase anything to get it if you go in store.  This doesn't count to me because I said that I would not purchase any makeup, and I'm not making a purchase (at least that's my theory).  Sorry for the shaky picture.  Again, don't mind the unpolished thumbnail.

That's what I've used up so far.  Both good products, I may repurchase the grapefruit and mint shower gel if I (ever) run out of other shower gel.

My philosophy melting marshmallow body cream is from one of their holiday gift sets from last year (again, it took me a year to use it).  It really smelled more like hot chocolate and not marshmallow.  I loved the lip shine from this set, but I misplaced it.


Other body cream that I used up was Cozy Autumn Vanilla from Bath & Body Works.  I love this body cream and scent which is amazing considering I bought it unsniffed from the website during the fall.  Great scent for the fall and the triple body cream keeps my super dry skin comfortable.



Random thought of the day:  I've been wearing Chanel Black Pearl that I got in a swap a while ago for the past three days and I'm underwhelmed.  It just looks charcoal on me and it chipped after a day (with base and top coat).  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment